RED NOSES Palestine is looking for a Managing Director
RED NOSES Palestine is looking for a Managing Director
RED NOSES Palestine (RNPS) is seeking for a qualified candidate for the position Managing Director in Ramallah to take over the responsibility of fulfilling its mission in Palestine.
1. About RED NOSES Palestine (RNPS):
RNPS is an artistic organisation with the mission to bring humour and laughter to people in need of joy. It is one of 11 RED NOSES group countries and was officially registered as a local branch office of RED NOSES International (RNI) in Palestine on September 30th, 2012. RED NOSES is the first artistic organisation in Palestine that combines the art of clowning with healthcare and introduces this creative performing art into unusual places like social and medical facilities.
Through different artistic interventions, RNPS provided psychosocial support and help improve the emotional well-being of hospitalised children, children with disabilities, the elderly and children in marginalised areas. Currently, RNPS is operating in 17 medical and social facilities around the West Bank and East Jerusalem and have a pool of 20 Palestinian performing artists. Since the establishment, RNPS has contributed to the development of a Palestinian creative clowning sector that contains many local performing artists and has a great impact on the health, cultural and artistic life and scene in Palestine.
RED NOSES vision:
- We believe in the beauty of human emotions and strive to help people rediscover moments of happiness, especially in times and places of crisis and hardship.
- We envision the creation of a healthier and more humane world by contributing to the wellbeing of all human beings.
- With the art of philosophy of professional clowning we support society in reconnecting with joy, happiness and optimism.
- A healthy society knows how to laugh and play; people living in a healthy society are connected to each other.
- RED NOSES is a global movement with a clear focus on encouraging more joy and happiness in the world.
2. Functional responsibilities:
Leadership, strategy and organisational development:
• As a first step, the selected candidate will lead the process of setting up and moving the organisation from its current location in Beit Jala/Bethlehem to the new location in Ramallah.
• Recruitment, training and human resource management.
• Provide strategic leadership, supervision and support to RNPS team.
• Ensure good governance, as well as efficient structure and workflow among a team of 6-7 members.
• Development and compliance of RNPS internal policies & procedures (including RN safeguarding policy).
• Lift up RED NOSES culture, values and brand in Palestine.
• Ensure financial accountability, transparency and sustainability of RNPS.
• Develop and implement RNPS strategy based on RED NOSES group strategy.
• Develop and implement resource mobilization strategy.
• Develop and implement an advocacy strategy in line with RED NOSES group advocacy strategy.
• Report to RED NOSES International headquarters in Vienna/Austria.
• Ensure the implementation of RNPS operations and programmes in Palestine.
• Develop and implement the yearly action plan and budget.
• Grants management and reporting to donors (eg: Drosos Foundation, the Austrian Development Agency).
• Expansion of RNPS programmes to new medical and social facilities.
• Explore synergies and possible collaboration with other organisations working in the sector.
• Increasing the pool of Palestinian performing artists together with the Artistic Director.
External relations and partnerships:
• Public relations, networking and representing RNPS to the public.
• Maintaining and building relationships with stakeholders (eg: donors, medical and social facilities, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Culture, other national and international organisations).
• Active participation in relevant local working groups and networks, in addition to RED NOSES international leadership meetings.
3. Requirement and skills:
- Post graduate degree in International Development, Cultural Management, Public or Business Administration, Organisational Development or any related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a management position, preferably in the cultural field and/or creative industries.
- Relevant experience in project design, management and implementation, including Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Core competences: humour, teamwork, ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, results oriented, communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in written in Arabic and English.
- Experience in fundraising and proposals writing is highly desirable.
4. Application process:
All applicants must send (1) a cover letter (2) an updated CV (no longer than three pages) in English and (3) their salary expectations via email to recruitment(a)rednoses.org by May 16th, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Initial interviews may take place online.
Statement on Safeguarding:
RED NOSES always seek to create safe environments for children and vulnerable adults in all programmes and in countries we work in. We recognise the utmost importance of keeping children and vulnerable adults safe and ensuring that they are protected from maltreatment or anything, that is detrimental to their health and development, within our organisation as well as with our partners. We do not tolerate any form of child abuse, exploitation, neglect or violation of a child’s and vulnerable person’s privacy and rights.