Financial Coordinator and Accountant
Financial Coordinator and Accountant
RED NOSES Palestine (RNPS) is looking for a qualified candidate for the full-time position Financial Coordinator and Accountant in Ramallah.
1. About RED NOSES Palestine (RNPS):
RNPS is an artistic organisation with the mission to bring humour and laughter to people in need of joy. It is one of 11 RED NOSES group countries and was officially registered as a local branch office of RED NOSES International (RNI) in Palestine on September 30th, 2012. RED NOSES is the first artistic organisation in Palestine that combines the art of clowning with healthcare and introduces this creative performing art into unusual places like social and medical facilities.
Through different artistic interventions, RNPS provided psychosocial support and help improve the emotional well-being of hospitalised children, children with disabilities, the elderly and children in marginalised areas. Currently, RNPS is operating in 17 medical and social facilities around the West Bank and East Jerusalem and have a pool of 20 Palestinian performing artists.Since the establishment, RNPS has contributed to the development of a Palestinian creative clowning sector that contains many local performing artists and has a great impact on the health, cultural and artistic life and scene in Palestine.
RED NOSES vision:
- We believe in the beauty of human emotions and strive to help people rediscover moments of happiness, especially in times and places of crisis and hardship.
- We envision the creation of a healthier and more humane world by contributing to the wellbeing of all human beings.
- With the art of philosophy of professional clowning we support society in reconnecting with joy, happiness and optimism.
- A healthy society knows how to laugh and play; people living in a healthy society are connected to each other.
- RED NOSES is a global movement with a clear focus on encouraging more joy and happiness in the world.
2. Tasks and responsibilities:
- Accute and timely book-keeping according to local generally accepted accounting principles.
- Coordinate all accounts within the Bisan Systems database.
- Handle monthly and yearly closings.
- Prepare journal vouchers, payment vouchers, receipt vouchers and bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivables.
- Handling of Petty Cash.
- Prepare the annual accounts (balance sheet, P&L statement, other documents).
- Audits financial transactions and documents.
- Pay all income taxes and the deduction at source taxes to the local tax authorities.
Financial responsibilities and budgetting:
- Develop and maintain effective and proper financial procedures and systems.
- Help the Managing Director reporting for grants.
- Support the Managing Director in the preparation of the yearly budget.
- Help the Managing Director preparing the quarterly financial report for RED NOSES Headquarters in Vienna.
- Perepare new projects budget.
- Responding to financial inquiries by interpreting data.
- Ensure that RNPS meets and exceeds all legal requirements (in front of the authorities) and adopt best practices in all its financial operations.
- Further development of financial and administrative procedures.
- Prepare the documents for the annual audit.
- Procurement and office material.
- Managing office logistics.
- Organise staff meetings.
- Ensure that files and documents are properly organised, filed and archived together with all related information and data.
- Other tasks administrative tasks required.
- Petty cash is correctly handled
- Payment are handled on time with no delays.
- Invoices and clown reports are in place
- Financial stability and transparency of RNPS is ensured.
4. Requirement and skills:
- Graduate degree in finance, accounting or any other related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in related job.
- Thorough knowledge and advanced experience working with Bisan accounting system.
- Core competences: humour, teamwork, ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, time management, results oriented and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in written in Arabic and English.
5. Application process:
All applicants must send (1) a cover letter (2) an updated CV (no longer than three pages) in Englishvia email to recruitment[a]rednoses.ps by July 12th, 2021. Please add ‘Financial Coordinator and Accountant’ in the email subject.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Statement on Safeguarding:
RED NOSES always seek to create safe environments for children and vulnerable adults in all programmes and in countries we work in. We recognise the utmost importance of keeping children and vulnerable adults safe and ensuring that they are protected from maltreatment or anything, that is detrimental to their health and development, within our organisation as well as with our partners. We do not tolerate any form of child abuse, exploitation, neglect or violation of a child’s and vulnerable person’s privacy and rights.
As part of RED NOSES safeguarding policies, upon recruitment, employees should submit a criminal record certificate issued by the local authorities.