Full-time Public Relations and Communications Coordinator
About RED NOSES Palestine (RNPS):
RNPS is an artistic organisation with the mission to bring humour and laughter to people in need of joy. It is one of 11 RED NOSES group countries and was officially registered as a local branch office of RED NOSES International (RNI) in Palestine on September 30th, 2012. RED NOSES is the first artistic organisation in Palestine that combines the art of clowning with healthcare and introduces this creative performing art into unusual places like social and medical facilities.
Through different artistic interventions, RNPS provided psychosocial support and help improve the emotional well-being of hospitalised children, children with disabilities, the elderly and children in marginalised areas. Currently, RNPS is operating in 17 medical and social facilities around the West Bank and East Jerusalem and have a pool of 26 Palestinian performing artists. Since the establishment, RNPS has contributed to the development of a Palestinian creative clowning sector that contains many local performing artists and has a great impact on the health, cultural and artistic life and scene in Palestine.
RED NOSES vision:
- We believe in the beauty of human emotions and strive to help people rediscover moments of happiness, especially in times and places of crisis and hardship.
- We envision the creation of a healthier and more humane world by contributing to the wellbeing of all human beings.
- With the art of philosophy of professional clowning we support society in reconnecting with joy, happiness and optimism.
- A healthy society knows how to laugh and play; people living in a healthy society are connected to each other.
- RED NOSES is a global movement with a clear focus on encouraging more joy and happiness in the world.
- Developing and implementing a communication strategy, including an advocacy and raising awareness action plan.
- Developing, managing, and updating RNPS website and social media channels to raise awareness of the work of RNPS.
- Quality and timely production of audio-visual and printed materials (including content), and all RNPS publications (newsletters, brochures, flyers etc.)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local and international media, pitch stories, write press releases.
- Writing content, translate, and proof reading of all written materials.
- Events planning and coordination.
- Follow up with all communication channels according to the branding strategy.
- Other tasks required.
Requirements and Skills:
- At least 3 years experience in public relations, media, and communications.
- Holding BA or higher degree in press, public relations or any related field.
- Knowledge of TYPO3 web content management system.
- The ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent social media skills.
- Well-organized, able to work with deadlines.
- An analytical mind with attention to details.
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexibility in working hours
- Knowledge of video production and editing.
- Knowledge of databases and design software.
- Ability to work in the field when needed; for photography.
- Core competences: humour, teamwork, ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, results oriented, communication and leadership skills.
All applicants must send a cover letter an updated CV (no longer than three pages) in English via email to recruitment[at]rednoses.ps by 22/06/2022. Please put ‘Public Relations and Communication Coordinator in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Statement on Safeguarding:
RED NOSES always seek to create safe environments for children and vulnerable adults in all programmes and in countries we work in. We recognise the utmost importance of keeping children and vulnerable adults safe and ensuring that they are protected from maltreatment or anything, that is detrimental to their health and development, within our organisation as well as with our partners. We do not tolerate any form of child abuse, exploitation, neglect or violation of a child’s and vulnerable person’s privacy and rights.
As part of RED NOSES safeguarding policies, upon recruitment, employees should submit a criminal record certificate issued by the local authorities.