RED NOSES Palestine (RNPS) is seeking a qualified candidate for the full-time position Clowns Coordinator in Birzeit/Ramallah.
1. About RED NOSES Palestine (RNPS):
RNPS is an artistic organisation with the mission to bring humour and laughter to people in need of joy. It is one of 11 RED NOSES group countries and was officially registered as a local branch office of RED NOSES International (RNI) in Palestine on September 30th, 2012. RED NOSES is the first artistic organisation in Palestine that combines the art of clowning with healthcare and introduces this creative performing art into unusual places like social and medical facilities.
Through different artistic interventions, RNPS provided psychosocial support and help improve the emotional well-being of hospitalised children, children with disabilities, the elderly and children in marginalised areas. Currently, RNPS is operating in 21 medical and social facilities around the West Bank and East Jerusalem and have a pool of 28 Palestinian performing artists. Since the establishment, RNPS has contributed to the development of a Palestinian creative clowning sector that contains many local performing artists and has a great impact on the health, cultural and artistic life and scene in Palestine.
RED NOSES vision:
- We believe in the beauty of human emotions and strive to help people rediscover moments of happiness, especially in times and places of crisis and hardship.
- We envision the creation of a healthier and more humane world by contributing to the wellbeing of all human beings.
- With the art of philosophy of professional clowning we support society in reconnecting with joy, happiness and optimism.
- A healthy society knows how to laugh and play; people living in a healthy society are connected to each other.
- RED NOSES is a global movement with a clear focus on encouraging more joy and happiness in the world.
2. Tasks and responsibilities:
The Clowns Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and logistics of all artistic activities related to the clowns team together with the Artistic Director. Furthermore, he/she will act as the desginated safeguarding officer for RED NOSES Palestine.
- Organise the monthly clown visits programme to the various social and medical facilities.
- Regular contact with the clowns and medical and social facilities to ensure smooth implementation of the monthly programme.
- Organise local artistic meetings, workshops and coaching, including all the logistics.
- Organise the logistic and travels of the clowns to attend international artistic trainings and exchange.
- Collect the clown’s visits reports and invoices.
- Follow up on RED NOSES International curriculum and its fulfillment by RED NOSES Palestine clowns.
- Organise feedback meetings with hospitals, in addition to meeting with new hospitals.
- Artistic budget reporting.
- Follow up on artistic plan and artistic reporting to RED NOSES Palestine Artistic Director.
- Preparation of clowns coaching programme.
- Coordination of clowns’ audition.
- Organise costumes and requisites for clown performances (shows).
- Act as first point of contact for concerns regarding all safeguarding incidents.
- Provide safeguarding training and guidance for the team.
- Establish links with local child protection specialists.
- The clown visits are organised and carried out smoothly and in a timely manner.
- The implementation of RED NOSES artistic formats is smooth and in high quality.
- The trainings, workshops and lectures of the RED NOSES curriculum are implemented and followed up.
- Smooth admin structures in the clown team exist.
- Ensuring that staff and partners are aware of the Safeguarding Policy and the entailing responsibilities.
4. Requirement and skills:
- Graduate degree in Public or Business Administration, art, social or humanitarian sciences or any related field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience. Working experience in the cultural field and/or creative industries is an advantage.
- Core competences: humour, teamwork, ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, time management results oriented and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
All applicants must send (1) a cover letter (2) an updated CV (no longer than three pages) in English via email to recruitment[at]rednoses.ps by July 28th, 2023. Please enter ‘Clowns Coordinator’ in the subject of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Statement on Safeguarding:
RED NOSES always seek to create safe environments for children and vulnerable adults in all programmes and in countries we work in. We recognise the utmost importance of keeping children and vulnerable adults safe and ensuring that they are protected from maltreatment or anything, that is detrimental to their health and development, within our organisation as well as with our partners. We do not tolerate any form of child abuse, exploitation, neglect or violation of a child’s and vulnerable person’s privacy and rights.